The Department of Internal Medicine is the medical specialty dealing with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases in adults. We deal with the entire spectrum of diseases of the inner organs, metabolic diseases, endocrine, rheumatoid and infectious diseases.
OUR CORE-COMPETENCIES ARE:
- Management of non-infectious diseases including Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, Lipid Disorders
- Management of Infectious Diseases
- Management of Endocrine Diseases, including Thyroid disorders and disorders of the Parathyroid and disorders of the adrenal glands.
- Nephrology (Diseases of the kidneys) and management of chronic renal failure, including Haemodialysis
- Respiratory disorders
- Diseases of the digestive system (in close collaboration with the Department of Gastroenterology and Surgery)